Sunday 25 December 2011

Using Facebook to Market Takes Some Research and Know-how

Using Facebook to Market Takes Some Research and Know-how

I have been reading a lot about how Facebook is a fantastic place to market because of the large population of members and visitors. So I decided to set up a Community Page on Facebook to market from. I listened to and watched some YouTube videos (another fantastic place to market but I have not created any vids yet) and decided to use Wix because it is easy, totally customizable and most of all FREE.

After listening to the audio The Power of Community, I realized that I had been going about this all wrong. In order to market successfully, regardless of what I am marketing - be it my own writing, affiliate marketing or information - I needed to either create or join a community to get the word out and build the traffic I necessary to make money. I decided to to both. First, I joined the Empower Network because I needed a launching point and the help of experienced and super successful people to inspire, educate and motivate me.

I have now set up a marketing community page on Facebook called Marketing for Success. Feel free to join the community of marketers to share with and learn from one another so everyone can become successful without the failures and disappointments being repeated over and over.

I now am working on creating a Welcome page that serves as a landing page as well from which to acquire email addresses of everyone who visits for future marketing via those swipe emails I see here at Marketing for Success.

Using Wix, I have created a welcome page that has a "like" button to connect them to the page. This marketing strategy will show me who on Facebook visited my page and I will then be able to market them via FB messaging using those squeeze pages. However, I still am not able to get their out of FB email addresses for more direct and personal marketing. So I am now looking at some other content so I can add a squeeze to my welcome page and market more directly and effectively.

My next step will be to then figure out how to get my marketing welcome/landing page into Facebook. I can then set it up as the first page a new visitor sees. I will keep you posted. I will be exploring some of the auto responder services in the near future and will post about that journey soon.

Here are the vids I watched to learn how to create a landing page to market on Facebook:

How To Add a Welcome Page To Your Facebook Fan Page

How to Build a Custom Facebook Landing Page with Email and Text/Mobile Autoresponder
This one was helpful but I chose to go the free route for my page using Wix. I love the auto responder that Keith speaks about in this tutorial because mobile marketing is up and coming and his provider allows for real time text conversations for marketing potential customers. How fantastic is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment